Thonga Beach Lodge
Special rate for stays between 01 May 2021 and 30 June 2021 only. See the Validity section below for rates during other periods.
South Africa’s most pristine wilderness beach lodge awaits you on the azure shores of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Situated deep in this wilderness of white beaches, blazing corals and freshwater lakes lies South Africa’s premier beach destination.
From R4,700.00 pp/night
About the Lodge
This 24-bed luxury lodge is the ideal place to connect with one of Africa’s last pristine wilderness beaches and rediscover your place in it. The 12 thatched eco-sensitive rooms, with ocean or forest views, boast an earthy elegance and are positioned to afford maximum privacy and minimal environmental impact. They offer ocean or forest views, with the Deluxe Ocean View Rooms sporting private plunge pools. Surrounded by such natural beauty stirs something special within your soul, igniting a spirit of adventure and leaving you with a lasting impression.
- Accommodation in Forest Room
- Full Breakfast
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Forest walks
- Kayaking and sundowner experience
- All beverages
- Excluded are 4×4 transfers (it is compulsory to have a 4×4 to get to the lodge)
- From R190 per adult and R95 per child, one way
- Possible transfers from Richards Bay or Durban (at extra cost, please consult us)
- Park fee: R43 per adult, once-off
- Park fee: R28 per child, once-off
- Park fee for own 4×4 vehicle: R36
- Isibindi Foundation Levy: R80 per person, per night. Children up to 13 years do not pay this levy.
- Open ocean experience, SCUBA and turtle tracking drives (seasonal)
- Laundry services
- Personal expenses
- Travel until 30 June 2021
- Published rate is valid from 01 May 2021 until 30 June 2021
- For other periods, the rate per person, per night, is R3 372
- Excludes 15 December 2020 to 15 January 2021 and Easter long weekend (02 – 05 April 2021)
You can only get to the lodge if you have a 4×4 since the last part is an hour sandy track.
If you do not have a 4×4, you can leave your vehicle in Coastal Cashew and take the lodge transfer at an extra cost.
WHY DO WE LIKE IT
- This eco-lodge is lost in the heart of the superb iSimangaliso park, at the foot of an endless and pristine beach.
- It is ideal for families with lots of possible activities.
- It is co-managed by the small local community.
- Definitely the best place to enjoy the turtle season.
Mabibi Village, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Kids of all ages are welcome