Hoanib Valley Camp
Hoanib Valley Camp is situated in the Sesfontein Community Conservancy Area, Kaokoland, in the very remote northwest of Namibia. The camp sits on the bank of the Obias River, overlooking the Hoanib River Valley, a linear oasis running through one of the most beautiful deserts in Africa, where desert-adapted elephant, giraffe, lion and rhino move freely.
From R16,520.00 pp/night
About the Camp
A joint venture between the local communities and the Giraffe Conservation Foundation, the world’s only Africa-wide giraffe conservation organisation, Hoanib Valley Camp is an elegant, intimate affair that immerses you into the wilds of the desert.
The camp boasts a stylish tented lounge with a well-stocked drinks cabinet, veranda, and outdoor and indoor dining areas. The fire pit is the perfect spot for an early-morning coffee or to watch the stars unfold as darkness falls and there is also a small plunge pool in which to cool off.
The six rooms blend seamlessly with the environment, offering a simple aesthetic that matches the rugged landscape down to a tee. Days are spent tracking endangered rhino, desert-adapted elephant, and of course desert-adapted giraffe, before retiring to your private veranda to marvel at the magnitude of your surroundings (G&T in hand).
- Accommodation in Standard tent
- All meals
- Selected drinks
- Guest laundry
- Daily activities:
- Morning and afternoon desert game drives
- Learn about the giraffe research conducted in the area
- Nature walk (aged 12 and over)
- Spending a morning with the Herero and Himba communities
- Track the desert-adapted rhino of the area on foot (aged 12 and over)
- Premium brand drinks
- Air and road transfers
- Private vehicles
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities
- Valid for travel until 19 December 2021
- Excludes stays between 01 August to 31 August 2021
- Family tent available, contact us
WHY WE LIKE IT
- In a country jam-packed with vast, spectacularly beautiful landscapes, Kaokoland may just be the most incredible of them all. Deep in north-western Namibia, the area is a melee of towering mountains, sand dunes, and huge expanses of desert, scattered with unique wildlife and nomadic Himba settlements. It’s also one of Namibia’s most remote and wild environments and one that not many will get the chance to discover in a lifetime.
- This area is one of the best places to see desert adapted elephant, giraffe, lion, rhino, mountain zebra, and oryx.
Sesfontein Community Conservancy Area, Kaokoland, Namibia
Children of all ages are welcome