Close enough to Gauteng, only a couple of hours’ drive, the luxurious haven that is Safari Plains will draw everyone who has experienced it to return again and again.
From R4,815.00 pp/night
About the Lodge
Set against the backdrop of the magnificent Waterberg Mountains in the Limpopo Province, Safari Plains proudly welcomes guests from December 2018. The exquisite beauty of wide-open savannas with its rich wildlife heritage and spectacular vistas are a melting pot for a majestic wilderness destination.
Safari Plains redefines luxury in the bush from the impressive high-ceilinged dining room and elegant lounge to the impressive bar and relaxing spa. Enter our bush-veld connoisseur, romantic at heart and families alike.
Safari Plains combines the elements of a great safari with the magic of great hospitality. Creating a luxurious setting with a sophisticated ambience. Like little jewels placed along winding sand pathways, each of the gorgeous tented suites commands a private space within the natural indigenous bush-veld. These safari-style tents offer great comfort and a luxurious ambience with private timber wrap-around decks. A romantic swing or authentic safari seating offers a great space to sit outdoors and enjoy the views over the waterhole. The six luxury tents offer a slightly larger main area and come complete with a private sala which is perfect for whiling away a lazy afternoon.
All tented suites are perfectly appointed with sunken baths, separate showers and toilets. The hospitality armoire offers a fully stocked mini bar fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Air conditioning throughout ensures guests can enjoy year-round temperature-controlled tented accommodation. Proudly family-friendly, the family-style safari and Luxury tents consist of a second bedroom with two twin beds.
The wildlife experience will not disappoint with our open 4 x 4 vehicle safaris exploring the one hundred and twenty square kilometres big five private game reserve. A wide array of activities is available such as hot air balloon safaris, horseback safaris, quad biking adventures and guided bush walks among others.
- Accommodation in Standard Safari Tent
- Full Breakfast
- Selected beverages
- Two game drives daily
- Laundry services
- Personal expenses
- Extra activity
- Conservation Fee of R270 per vehicle per stay
- Travel until 30 September 2021
- Last Minute Midweek special rate (Sunday to Thursday night) for bookings made within 7 days of travel
- For advanced Midweek bookings (Sunday to Thursday night), special rate of R2,495 per person, per night
- For weekend stays (Friday and Saturday nights), special weekend rate of R2,885 per person, per night
- Minimum 2 nights stay on Friday and Saturday nights
- The selected beverages included are available between 12h00 and 22h00 only
- Higher room categories available, please contact us
WHY DO WE LIKE IT
- Beautiful malaria-free game reserve located just two-and-a-half hours drive from Johannesburg.
- The lodge offers a great variety of besides game drives: bush walks, quad biking, horse riding…
- A kids program is available to keep the little ones entertained for hours.
- If you want to indulge yourself, the lodge can organise for you an unbelievable hot air balloon safari
Waterberg, Limpopo, South Africa
Kids of all ages are welcome