Sausage Tree Camp
Situated within the Balule Conservancy with dramatic hilltops, valleys and open plains providing breathtaking views of uninterrupted bush all the way to the foothills of the Drakensberg Mountains. Sausage Tree is a small, intimate, luxury tented camp in the Greater Kruger National Park where the Big 5 still roam freely.
From R4,660.00 pp/night
About the Camp
Sausage Tree Safari Camp is situated in the vast Balule Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park and sanctuary to Africa’s famous Big Five. With approximately 3000 ha of traversing, including 4kms along the Olifants River you can look forward to a true safari experience of wilderness and undisturbed biodiversity.
Uniquely positioned in the bush between Marula, Acacia and Sausage trees with its own special view above and beyond the thorn trees, the waterhole and the majestic Drakensburg range on the horizon, Sausage Tree Safari Camp is a place not easily forgotten!
The luxury, African-styled Safari tents are comfortably furnished with bathrooms en-suite, featuring a freestanding bath and an outside shower on a raised base for maximizing your views of the bush and the mountains. Air conditioning, fan, and tea and coffee facilities make it a definitive ‘glamping’ experience with the advantage that staying in a tented camp has, bringing the sounds of nature so much closer to you.
Our guide and tracker teams will not only find you incredible animal sightings but will interpret what you see with fun filled facts, underpinned by their exhaustive knowledge, passion and respect for nature thereby making certain your Safari experience is an authentic one.
The Olifants River flows all year round through the reserve with healthy populations of hippo and crocodile, as well as a huge diversity of bird species including the elusive Pels Fishing Owl
- Accommodation in Luxury Tent
- Tea and coffee
- Two game drives daily
- All beverages other than tea and coffee
- Conservation levy: R 80 per vehicle and R 185 per person. It will be charged in cash by the Balule Conservancy on entrance (Subject to change)
- Additional tours
- Personal expenses
- Valid for travel until 31 December 2021
- Not applicable from 01 July 2021 to 31 August 2021
Exclusive use of the camp: applicable for bookings of minimum 8, maximum 10 people
Special rate applicable for Mid-week (Monday to Thursday – inclusive)
Weekend rate of R2,200 per person, per night
For bookings less than 8 people, special midweek rate of R1 999 per person, per night (Monday to Thursday – inclusive) and weekend rate of R2 450 per person, per night (Friday to Sunday – inclusive)
- Try the Soul Safari Option for an extra R500 per person per night: includes Yoga, Meditation and Chakra balancing.
WHY WE LIKE IT
- The lodge is eco-friendly and actively supports and makes donations to the nearby Daktari Bush School and Wildlife Orphanage.
- Very energetic staff are highly experienced, dedicated and passionate.
- Balule Nature Reserve was established by a group of like-minded, private landowners in the early 1990s. From the start, their objective was to create a larger, open system with no fences to hinder animal movement thus creating a much healthier habitat for fauna and flora.
- A variety of interesting, local tours are also available around the Hoedspruit area, including a private, guided day tour to the famous Kruger National Park itself.
Balule Private Game Reserve, Kruger Region, Limpopo, South Africa
Children from age 8 years and over are welcome at the lodge