Kwessi Dunes Camp
Located deep in Namibia’s striking NamibRand Nature Reserve, Kwessi Dunes Camp is a place where time seems to stand still and the space is never-ending with rolling desert plains, the backdrop of craggy mountains and iconic red dunes.
From R12,080.00 pp/night
About the Camp
At the heart of the lodge is a cool and comfortable main area. With high thatched ceilings, a well-stocked bar, a small library area and plenty of sofas and armchairs, it’s the perfect spot to relax, any time of day. Outside, there is a shaded veranda with more seating and a large fire pit area and a swimming pool – ideal for the Namibian heat.
The 12 cool and comfortable (and air-conditioned) tents all stand with canvas walls and thatched roofs. Each bedroom has a separate ‘star gazer’ room, completely open to the sky, and the perfect spot from which to watch the celestial theatre show above.
Views from the rooms, the main area and the swimming pool are of the vast, desert vistas and when you can bear to tear your eyes away.
- Accommodation in Standard tent
- All meals
- Selected drinks
- Daily activities:
- Morning and afternoon scenic drives
- Nature walks
- Skybeds experience and star gazing
- Quad biking
- Premium brand drinks
- NamibRand Nature Reserve park fee (will be added to the invoice):
- N$310 per adult, per night
- N$155 per child under 12 years old, per night
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities
- Valid for travel until 19 December 2021
- Excludes stays between 01 August to 31 August 2021
- Family tent available, contact us
WHY WE LIKE IT
- Kwessi itself is located in 15,000 hectares of desert terrain within the beautiful NamibRand Reserve, a private reserve. The small number of lodges in the area co-ordinate with each other to ensure an exclusive and unique experience.
- The NamibRand is an extraordinary private nature reserve of over 200,000 hectares (one of the largest in southern Africa) and was established to protect and conserve the wildlife of the Namib Desert. The landscape is compelling, with vast swathes of arid desert, gravel plains and pockets of green vegetation backed by mountains and distinct reddish dunes that have undoubtedly made the area famous.
- Kwessi Dunes Lodge is all about soaking up the beauty of the colourful landscape, admiring the antelope that scatter the sand, and gazing at the stars that light up the night sky.
- The star gazing opportunities are out of this world. The NamibRand is Africa’s first designated International Dark Sky Reserve meaning it is one of the least light-polluted areas in the world – and it shows.
NamibRand Nature Reserve, Sesriem, Namibia
Children of all ages are welcome